Friday, August 15, 2008

An attempt to stay in touch

Hi All

I've set this up to create a community for us -to help each other in finishing up our assignments, remembering deadlines, and in general talking each other down off the ledge.

As I have time I will enter in a different post for each instructor / class who left us with a long term project. I'll enter in all of the information that I have including deadlines and how the work is to be submitted (email/address/ etc.) . then we can post questions, comments and, in general, support each other. If you have a general question, respond to this post. If needed, I'll generate a seperate post!

Perhaps this blog might be a way for us to keep in touch with each other and continue the networking that we have started.....

best to all!!!!

JD

10 comments:

tdubin said...

this is terrific. thank you JD.

denise said...

Hi JD. Thanks for your help. Hi to everyone else.

Michel Otayek said...

Great initiative. Good luck w/ the assignments, everybody!

Cachelle said...

You're incredible, JD!

CPNAS said...

OK not fair. judging by the photo Michel Otayek, it looks like he is doing his assignments from a location that is wet, warm and wonderful!!! good for you!!! lol

DL Moyer said...

Hats off to JD for this blogspot!

Would it be a good idea to set-up a blogspot for the NYU faculty to interact with us?

CPNAS said...

I don't have a problem with faculty logging on here if no one else does....

Cachelle said...

I seem to have lost some brain cells. Does anyone know, when valuing a piece of art for a Charitable Contribution, do I deduct the buyer's premium, for the value? I know it's FMV and comparative market data, but I'm not sure if it's different than valuing for an estate.
Have a relaxing Labor Day and thanks for your help!

Michel Otayek said...

Hey guys... did everybody managed to finish the final assignment? It definitely took a lot more work than I had anticipated. Hope everybody's doing great.
M.-

Cachelle said...

Hi Michel and everyone. I know, I have not finished the last paper, the appraisal. I'm going to start working on it again. But, I want to make sure all of the necessary statements are in it. I'm not sure, I know what they all are. Did you pick a medium number, amongst the Comparables, to come up with a value?
How do you like Hunter College?
I miss everyone!